Sept 2022 (International School) March 2023 (Private School)
Eligibility (Year Group)
Open to all Malaysian students applying for Year 7, Year 10, and Tingkatan 1.
Any of the following:
- Good academic performance; or/and
- Talent such as sport, performing arts, music, and others; or/and
- Good skills and other positive attributes; or/and
- Financial need
Note: Students who meet the above criteria are not automatically entitled to the Canaan Scholarship. The Canaan Scholarship is awarded at the sole discretion of the WMSI Management.
The duration of the scholarship would be as follows:
- Year 7 to Year 9 (3 years)*
- Year 10 to Year 11 (2 years)*
- Tingkatan 1 to Tingkatan 3 (3 years)*
*Subject to satisfactory review and renewal
Note: Students who complete their Canaan Scholarship programme in Year 9/Tingkatan 3 may reapply (subject to availability) for further scholarships to Year 10/Tingkatan 4.
Fees covered by the Canaan Scholarship Programme
- 50% to 100% waiver of Tuition Fees ONLY
Note: Students on the Canaan Scholarship programme shall not be entitled to any other types of ongoing discounts on school tuition fees. (e.g. sibling discount, scholarship, staff discount)
How to Apply?
1. Print out and fill up the Canaan Scholarship form. Submit the Canaan Scholarship form along with the school application form, application fee, and the necessary supporting documents.
2. You may submit the forms directly to the school office or email it to email@example.com Please email using the same email if you have any questions or require any assistance.
<DOWNLOAD CANAAN SCHOLARSHIP FORM>
<DOWNLOAD SCHOOL APPLICATION FORM>
- 1 August 2022, 5 pm (September 2022 WMSII intake).
- 1 February 2023, 5 pm (March 2023 WMSIP intake)
WMS Ipoh strives to provide academic excellence at an affordable cost. Please contact our marketing team if you like to learn more about our financial support packages/instalment programmes.
Please refer to the frequently asked questions below for more information regarding the Canaan Scholarship Programme.
You may also direct your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/WhatsApp 012-5005033.
Frequently Asked Questions
For questions regarding eligibility, criteria, submissions dates and more, click here.